Hmm, I've been tagged.
My five weirdest habits?
1. I talk in my sleep. I've talked in my sleep since I was a wee lass growing up in the Midwest. My mom likes to tell stories of how my brother and I (we slept in separate but neighboring bedrooms) would hold conversations in our sleep, talking back and forth to each other. Nowadays, my fiancé is the happy recipient of my nocturnal babbling (very much like the "Friends" episode with Chandler and his sleep-talking date). Sometimes I wake myself (and him, of course) up in the middle of the night yelling at him in my dreams for some reason my conscious mind must suppress during the day. I often find I talk in my sleep when I'm stressed out. Just the other day, I had three consecutive nightmares regarding my upcoming nuptials and all three times I woke us up with my yelling, crying and/or whimpering talk.
2. I floss religiously. If I don't floss every night, I feel as if bad bacteria are swarming around my teeth and gums. Mint waxed dental floss by Target is my preferred floss. Every time I shop at Target, I have to stock up on dental floss. I also have a container of floss in my tote bag for those occasions when you have that annoying piece of food stuck between your teeth that is determined to stay there and establish residency.
3. I pluck out the gray hairs I find ... in my fiancé's hair. Yes, not only do I pluck out my own gray hairs when I find them (usually with the same reaction I have when I find an insect in my home), but I pluck out his, too. Although, I find I am losing the battle with his. The gray hairs keep coming and seem to be conquering swiftly, which makes me wonder if there is some truth to the idea that two gray hairs grow in when one is plucked out.
4. Messiness drives me crazy, unless it's my own. I can be the worst slob, not surprising since I am a hoarder. My messiness does not bother me usually, but some days I get fed up with myself and go on cleaning binge -- everything must be in its proper place, clean and dust-free, or hidden away from my sight. However, if my fiancé doesn't put something away where it belongs, watch out! I'm not sure this is really a habit, but I realize that having kids will surely put an end to this behavior.
5. Hmm, I've got to think about the last one. I'll keep you posted.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha ha. And I thought I was weird.
I remember hearing you talking in your sleep where we were in Korea. I forget what you were saying, but you weren't just mumbling, you were all-out talking.
Post a Comment