Monday, October 09, 2006

On a lighter note

Stuff magazine is feature the women of "Lost" in this month's issue. And who should grace the cover but the lovely Yunjin Kim! And she's got a HOT photo spread. Check out a little preview. On stands now.


Yunjin Kim on Stuff Cover

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woopee? This is sort of like two steps forward, one step back.

Good for Koreans, but bad for image of women?

I don't know...mixed on this one.

BTW...I still haven't watched a single episode of LOST.

The Hyphenator! said...

I understand your point, but how often do you see an Asian woman, or a Korean woman, on the cover of an American magazine? Unfortunately, the magazine's target audience is men, and the ones who will buy the magazine off the rack are probably Asian fetishists, but at the same time I remember growing up and only seeing blond, blue-eyed models in fashion magazines and thinking that was what was beautiful. Imagine my self-esteem when looking in the mirror.

So I really appreciate seeing an Asian actor like Kim (even half-naked in a swimsuit) grace the cover of a U.S. magazine, rather than some implant-filled, bleached-blond, fake-and-bake model or actress on the cover.

Besides, I did write "On a lighter note."