Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dawson reunites with dad

"After 26 Years, Dawson Meets Dad"

"A DNA test conducted with the help of the KTO confirmed that Kim Jae-soo, a 53-year-old bus driver in Pusan, was Dawson's father."

"Kim said he lost his son in a crowded street market near his home in 1981."

Other articles:

"Olympic Skier Reunites With Family"

"Dawson was 3 when he was lost in a market by his mother in the southern port city of Busan, Kim said. A truck driver at the time, Kim said it was too late when he got home to start searching for his missing child, whose original Korean name was Bong-seok. Over the next few days, he said he scoured local orphanages but was unable to find his son.

"'I went to many orphanage houses only to hear that they didn't have anyone like him. They wouldn't let me come inside and look for him,' the 53-year-old Kim said, adding he would search orphanages whenever he had time but eventually gave up."

"Dawson meets father after 26 years"

"Dawson's mother, who is believed to have started another family after her divorce from Kim, has been located but has yet to reveal herself publicly, according to Dawson's Korean lawyer."

"Dawson to Reunite With father"

"Dawson, however, was sentimental for a moment as he talked about what he has been through as an adoptee, which eventually led him to begin his quest for his parents.

"'It's kind of been uphill for me ever since the beginning,' Dawson said.

"'(I) really struggled with the fact that I never looked like my parents... It's kind of always like the Bolds and Italics.'

"'Everyone could definitely tell the difference and it was tough for me because all I wanted to do was just to look like average (with) brown hair, blonde hair.'

"'I was a little bit shy, and I didn't want to have all the attention. I wanted kind of just to be somewhere in the middle.'"

No comments: