Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tragic

I first read about this family the other day on StarTribune.com and, as always when reading about this kind of news stories, was saddened to learn about what happened to this family.

Today, there's more information available -- and a family photo.

"Autopsy reports indicate Iowa City family members were beaten to death"

The Chicago Tribune has more information about the father: "Dad apologized before killings"

I find myself even more horrified.

Don't get me wrong -- I thought it was tragic when I I first learned about what happened, and my heart goes out to all their families and friends. But at the same time, I can't help but think about these children's birth families, who probably placed their child for adoption so he or she would have a better life.

Will these families one day search for their children and discover the horrible way in which they died from the hands of their adoptive father? And blame themselves because of their decision?


No comments: