I don't usually believe in an "eye for an eye," but in this case I think the man should be thrown in with the lions instead of getting life in prison ...
"Life for S Africa lion murderer"
"White farmer Mark Scott-Crossley and an employee beat up black former worker Nelson Chisale, and threw him to lions.
"Scott-Crossley had earlier sacked Mr. Chisale, who was murdered when he went back to the farm to get his belongings."
Friday, September 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
According to The Associated Press Stylebook and The Chicago Manual of Style, periods and commas always go within the quotation marks. Dashes, semicolons, questions marks and exclamation points go within the quotation marks when they apply to the quoted matter. They go outside when they apply to the whole sentence.
AP states that the punctuation style with quotation marks come from "long-established printers' rules." I'm not sure how the style rules were established, but copy editors follow AP and Chicago style closely, unless in-house style takes precedence.
British style does not follow these rules, however. You will find they place punctuation outside of quotation marks.
I remember learning these punctuation rules in school, so when I see commas and periods outside of quotation marks, they appear glaringly incorrect. I'm finding more and more periods outside of quotation marks in copy. I'm afraid there isn't as much emphasis in schools these days on correct punctuation and grammar.
Post a Comment