Sadie, Sadie, married lady, that's me!
The line from the "Funny Girl" song keeps playing in my head, especially when I gaze down at the lovely, sparkly wedding band on my left hand. (Although after seeing some wedding photos, another line, "The groom was prettier than the bride," also keeps popping into my head.)
Before, I wrote that when people asked whether I was excited and looking forward to the big day my reply was that I was looking forward to the day after the wedding. But, I have to admit that I was wrong. Turns out I really looked forward to the night of my wedding, after the reception ... when I could take off my wedding dress and breathe, slouch and be comfortable. I'm FREEEEEEEEEE!
Now, people keep asking me if it feels any different being married. Other than feeling more relaxed and stress-free, I'd have to say no. Maybe once I actually see the marriage license, which is suppose to arrive by mail in about 120 days, I'll feel differently. Then again, probably not.
We still have yet to completely unpack (or I should say I have yet to completely unpack) our suitcases and wedding crap (err, I mean, beautiful wedding accessories). We still have to clean up the absolute disaster of a mess we (I) left in our home before leaving for our wedding trip. And we have yet to clean out the old housewares to make room for all our lovely wedding gifts. (But, on the upside, we [I] get to go shopping with all the gift cards we received. Yay!)
When will I feel married? Probably when tax time hits next year and we have to write out a big, fat check to the IRS since we are now DINKs.
I'll just keep singing to myself ...
I'm Sadie, Sadie, married lady!
(BTW, I did change my name -- my middle name is now my Korean first name. I think I made the final decision just days before the big day. Writing my new name on the marriage license felt a bit odd, but it also felt right -- it was me.)
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment