Thursday, August 31, 2006

Books, books, books!

Ahh, Google has launched the beta version of its Books Search of digitized public domain books. Check it out at books.google.com. If you want the full online book or PDF to download, be sure to search with the "Full view books" option selected. You can search by author, title, date, publisher, ISBN, or even content.

I find it quite amazing.

Printed books, online versions, literary classics, trashy romance novels, mystery whodunits, true-crime biographies, military and war fiction and nonfiction, pop-up picture books ... I love 'em all (as is evident by my jammed bookshelves, one of which recently collapsed from the weight of the books piled on it).

Hmm, I predict my productivity level at work rapidly falling as I read at my desk (and still look like I'm working) classic works by Dickens, Hugo, or perhaps letters written by Jane Austen (text which is now seeing the light of day -- or light of a computer monitor -- instead of rotting away and getting moldy sitting on a dusty library shelf).

No comments: