Wednesday, August 23, 2006

'Survivor': Battle of the races

Just announced this morning, the upcoming season of CBS's "Survivor" will take place on the Cook Islands. The twist this season? The teams will be divided by race: Asian, African American, Hispanic, and Caucasian.

The show has been criticized for its lack of ethnic diversity among the contestants. So they've decided to address this issue by recruiting more minorities ... and dividing the teams by race?

"New 'Survivor' A Race Among Races"

This year's cast on the CBS Web site.

I watched this show the first two seasons, but I avoided it later because I always got completely sucked in to watching the show every week. Now with my handy dandy TiVo, I'm sure I'll get sucked back in, just like those damn producers wanted.

If anything, I'll watch to see how the Asians do and also so I can yell at them on television when they do something stupid, like Korean-American Gina did all the time on "America's Next Top Model." (Yes, yes, I admit that I watch that show. Bite me.) I know, very supportive of me.

1 comment:

RC said...

your comment about rooting for the asians made it to my blog! just looking for thoughts and consensus and your thoughts were unique...so thanks for sharing your thoughts here!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com