Thursday, January 03, 2008

Top 10

So I ended up watching David Letterman last night. I'm not sure why, as I never watch the late shows, except for maybe the "Daily Show."

Anyway, one of Letterman's guests was, I believe, a producer of the show. She talked about how she started as a receptionist for the show's writers way back when and met her husband while working there.

I was playing on my laptop at the time, but started paying attention when she mentioned her husband and that they have a baby girl.

Dave showed a picture of her dressed in a little Santa hat and outfit. I think the audience was a bit shocked and suprised. Why? Because the baby looked very Asian. You see, I heard the woman (who is white) mention her husband's name (his last name is Kim), so I was expecting to see a half-Korean baby. Guess the audience didn't. There wasn't your typical reaction to cute baby photos -- not much oohing and aahing (BTW, the baby was adorable!).

So thought I'd come up with my own Top 10 list ...

Top 10 thoughts running through the minds of David Letterman's audience last night:

  1. Aah, Asian babies are so cute.

  2. Wait, that baby's Asian!

  3. I'm confused.

  4. Where's the cute white baby?

  5. Isn't the mother white? She doesn't look Asian.

  6. Was she adopted?

  7. She must be adopted.

  8. Huh?

  9. Wait, is that Angelina?

  10. and the No. 1 thought ...

  11. How did that average white woman end up having such an adorable-looking Asian baby?!

No comments: