Saturday, August 06, 2005

Pillow talk

Since I've moved in with my fiancé, I find myself talking in my sleep more frequently.

In the past, I would sometimes talk in my sleep when I slept in unfamiliar surroundings, such as in a hotel or at a friend's place, but never on a regular basis.

Before I moved out to San Francisco, my fiancé would come visit me. One night while he was at my place, I woke both of us by yelling, "Go home!" At first he was hurt because he thought I was subconsciously wanting him to go away. I told him I had no idea where that came from or why I said that in my sleep.

Since I've moved, my poor fiancé is often woken up in the middle of the night by my nocturnal babbling. Just the other night, I woke up saying, "Don't you know how to wash the car?!?"

The weird thing is that I half wake myself up and I know I'm talking in my sleep, but I keep on talking and then go back to a sound sleep.

My mom told me that when my brother and I were little we would sleep talk together. Our bedrooms were right next to each other, and I'd say something in my sleep, yelling at him for something or other most of the time. He would reply, and we'd chat back and forth. My mom said it was the funniest thing.

No comments: