Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The rules

Just down the block from my home is this little hole-in-the-wall sushi restaurant. It's only open Monday through Friday, and only takes cash. I haven't eaten there yet, but I always see people outside the place, waiting for it to open at 7:00 p.m., or the place is filled (fits maybe 10 people max).

The other day I walked by the restaurant and noticed a new sign in the window that listed the "House Rules":

  1. Everything is good and everything is fresh.

  2. No forks, no soda.

  3. No teriyaki, no tempura.

  4. No rush orders.

  5. No to go.

  6. Cash only.

  7. No weekends.

  8. No complaining.

  9. Come back after 9:00.


Lately, I've been on a quest to visit all the Korean restaurants in the area, but I may just have to try this little gem the next time I get a sushi craving.

Addition (August 25, 9:51 p.m.):
Walked by again to get the complete list of rules. Missing one. Hmm.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

A co-worker of mine went there last night and he says it really something else. They're like the sushi nazi (like Seinfeld's soup nazi) but nicer. Any way, a google search for this sushi place brought me here. You wouldn't happen to have the address for this place, would you?

The Hyphenator! said...

Let's see, I believe the sushi restaurant is on the south side of Balboa, between 7th and 8th, or else 6th and 7th.

Another great sushi place in the area is Sushi Bistro, between 5th and 6th. They have a ton of awesome rolls.

I know, it's rough living within walking distance to amazing sushi. Someone has to -- just glad it's me.

(Sorry about the late reply! Had been getting lots of spam comments, hence the word verification.)