Friday, November 25, 2005

Feeding time

My friend Ji-In sent me a link to this video to add to my collection of weird animal stories ...

"Octopus Eats Shark" (viewable in Internet Explorer browser)

Keepers at the Seattle Aquarium kept finding shark carcasses at the bottom of the tank. For weeks the 3- to 4-foot sharks kept vanishing. Turns out the culprit was an octopus they had moved into the large tank.

Heartbreaking

The following is an AP story about two 3-month-old cheetah cubs in an Ethiopian village ...

"U.S. Troops Find Abused Cheetah Cubs"


"I don't see why I should hand them over," Hudle told The Associated Press on Wednesday. 'When I was younger I looked after goats and camels, so I know what animals need.

His sons, 4 and 2, pulled the cubs' tails and dragged them around by ropes tied tightly to their necks. Other children followed, poking and teasing the frightened animals.



He knows "what animals need." I'd like to see the owner dragged around by a rope around his neck.

No comments: