Why do bad things always happen to good people?
Damn, damn, damn.
I found out today that a friend of mine was killed in a car accident this past weekend. She was killed instantly. In a situation like that, is it OK to be thankful that it was quick?
This week has been crazy busy with work, already putting in three 12-hour days and it's only Tuesday. So here I sit at my computer, bawling every few minutes. It's hard to be productive when you can't see cleary because the tears keep flowing. With the work stress alone, I was ready for a nervous breakdown.
She was looking forward to coming to my wedding in Hawaii, and I was looking forward to catching up with her and what was going on in her life and with her family. Living in separate states, I hadn't seen her in a good year and a half -- since I moved to San Francisco.
She had the kindest soul. The string of e-mails that have brought the news just shows how many people's lives she touched.
Even though she died in a freak accident, some may say it was her time to go. Well, I say, Screw that! I'm too damn selfish and feel selfish for her family who need her and will miss her terribly.
I miss her already.
My heart goes out to her family.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment