Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Where does the time go?

112 days to go.

I haven't had much time lately to post to this blog. An interesting, weird, kimchi-related or just plain stupid news story will remind me to post, but I do it more for my own reference library, I guess. "Where is that bizarre animal story again?"

This time of year marks the beginning of the insanely busy period at work, so between copyediting useless information to the average person and wedding planning, I've been slacking off on the blogging. (Actually, I've been procrastinating on the wedding planning, but I've given myself a kick in the rear.)

OK, to be honest, the new TV season has sucked me back into my couch potato ways. Just when I think I'll have more free time since some of my favorite shows have ended, I stupidly watch the pilots of new shows, thinking I may miss the next big hit show (advertisers must love viewers like me).

This year's returning shows that still have me tuning in religiously every week are "Lost" (even if the writing goes to pot, I'll still watch for the Korean couple), "Medium," "Desperate Housewives" and "Joey" (out of "Friends" loyalty, I'm hoping it gets better this season). I also try to catch "Monk," "CSI," "Cold Case" and "Law & Order: SVU" when I can.

New shows that have consumed more of my time include HBO's "Rome," "Commander in Chief" (it's about damn time we had a female president, even if it's only on television -- 2008, ladies? oh, and just saw Russell Wong on tonight's episode), "Grey's Anatomy" (which is more interesting these days than the desperate housewives, and I'll tune in for Sandra Oh anytime), "How I Met Your Mother," "Surface," "Invasion" and -- now don't judge me -- "America's Next Top Model." Sigh, yes, it's true.

I really need a TiVo, preferably the 300-hour one at the low, low price of $550. Can I register for that?

No comments: