Thursday, June 15, 2006

Goood moooornin'!

This morning my hubby and I were rudely awakened this morning at 5:24 a.m. by our bed shaking and things rattling in our apartment. Turns out it was a 4.7 magnitude earthquake centered an hour south of San Francisco near Gilroy (which has a lovely outlet mall complex BTW -- my first thought when I heard Gilroy was "Don't take out the outlet mall!!").

According to hubby, this morning's quake was small, but it was the biggest one I've felt since moving to San Francisco. The other ones I felt while at work when the whole office swayed back and forth. On these occasions I'd send IMs to my hubby at work: "Earthquake!" His usual response: "Really? Didn't feel it." And I'd just sit at my desk, wondering if anyone else felt it.


My co-workers tell me I am more sensitive to the small earthquakes since I haven't lived here very long. Glad to know I'm a human seismograph.

If only I could predict them, then I'd be all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*giggling gleefully* Spare the outlet mall! Hee hee! Glad to know you have your priorities in order.